I have enough problems getting past my self censorship to write a worthwhile article, so the thought of random acts of twitting scare me.
Lately people are using Twitter to update their status messages, which IMHO makes the wall posts on Facebook even more annoying. I recognize that the network is for younger folk than me, but I have to believe that eventually the work of life will push a lot of this drivel to the side.
But of course, it may be that I am just overly self absorbed and should not really be questioning “if I should give a twit or not.”
Over the course of the last month, single thoughts have come to my mind that should have generated articles, but lay on the page as sentence fragments.
This is my attempt to purge them from the cache and create my own supertwist of random thoughts.
1) Crowdsourcing Capital – Did the investment clubs do better at escaping the markets demise, Should we have an Angel investment club?
2) I finally had my first video demo that was based on the technology from beginning to end. How come HD voice is still not demo’d well?
3) Can we blame the downfall of the Nortel on the DMS 250 give away of 1996. In other words, did the company grow the sales rather than maximize the profits?
4) Now that my Wife is on Facebook, how long before something cooler is the rage for my daughters?
5) The power of GSM was in the interopearability of the association, why are Femtocells, not looking to capitalize on that rather than hardwiring to specific providers?
6) If Skype can send me a phony SS7 ID of 123456 or 00000, why can’t they send me a person’s presence ID?
7) How can a legitimate Nigerian, get help in the world, when there are so many Nigerian scams going on?
8) Opposing views – I use my gmail account to gather the stuff I want to read and manage spam, but most of my friends use their gmail account for legimate email, and my personal account ends up in their spam folder.
Then of course are some fun posts,
a) If March Madness is won by a team not from the big east will they give them all four number 1 seeds next time?
b) Is their difference between a credit default swap and Bernie Madeoff? Neither could prove they deserved the trust extended.
c) Which is more effective, Sarbanes Oxley or a Jonathan Stewart interview?
d) Of course the networks are dumb, look where we placed the smart cards.
e) If you need a network to be social, that’s not social networking.
I feel like so much of the social networking environment is ego driven. How many watchers can you gather, is not a game I care to play. I like it when words have meaning and results. Even my comedy needs the results of a laugh. Otherwise this is just a twit in the woods.